What They Really Mean & How to Apply Them to Your Homeschool Experience
Montessorians tend to throw around these confusingly specific-to-Montessori terms, and a lot of parents have a vague idea of the themes but that's it. This video webinar really takes a deeper look at each of those Montessori buzzwords so you can understand exactly what they mean and how to actually apply them in real life in your homeschooling environment.
We’ll learn all about:
- How to set up a prepared environment (along with a printable checklist)
- What it means to be a prepared adult
- The planes of development – specifically the first plane of development from 0-6
- The sensitive periods from age 0 to 6 (along with a printable activity sheet for each sensitive period)
- Debunking some myths about the Montessori 3 hour work cycle
- What “normalization” means and how to achieve it in your homeschool environment
- How to recognize and make it through false fatigue
- How to scaffold skills ( along with a printable scaffolding worksheet)
- How to include a control of error in your work to set your child up for success
- The importance of movement and how to prioritize that in your prepared environment
That’s 10 Montessori Buzzwords, explained in a way that you’ll be able to apply it to your homeschool environment right away, plus 3 printable worksheets/activity sheets included in a workbook for taking notes throughout the webinar.
This video course includes:
- a pre-recorded 28 minute webinar on Montessori Buzzwords: What They Really Mean and How to Practically Apply Them to Your Homeschool Experience
- a printable Workbook to use as a companion to the webinar, including a Prepared Environment Checklist, Activity Guide for the Sensitive Periods from 0-6, and a Scaffolding Worksheet
This webinar is suitable for parents of children ages 0 to 6 years. No prior experience with Montessori is required.
Closed captioning [English] is provided in the video.
I am a certified Montessorian, parent, and author of MOMtessoriLife.com. I taught for many years in Montessori schools before translating my expertise to the home environment. I am now a Montessori Parenting & Home Education Coach, sharing Montessori practices with families from around the world.